The European Students’ Union (ESU) is opening a new edition of ‘Together, Moving Forward’ small grants programme, aimed at empowering positive refugee-host interactions across Europe.
The programme has supported more than 32 valuable projects since 2016, and shared views with resourceful activists and creative change-makers.
Submissions should encourage and promote valuable and viable options for refugees and asylum seekers to access and benefit from education and be part of our communities.
Initiatives at local, national and/or international level can be funded for any sum up to 10,000 EUR (12,000 EUR for international activities).
With this programme, ESU wants to inspire change and:
- Reshape public discourse around forced migration and confront hate speech in our societies
- Inspire student-led initiatives addressing refugees’ and asylum seekers’ living conditions and
not least their access to education
- Build capacity for student representatives to be more responsive to issues related to forced
migration, focusing on social inclusion and access to education
- Empower National Student Unions to promote and advocate for clear policies that ease the
access of refugees and asylum seekers to Higher Education
- Open up to new student groups and other stakeholders active on refugee issues, especially
- Build long-lasting links between refugees, their communities, and student communities
The deadline for applications is the 28 February 2019 .
More information: https://www.esu-online.org/?project=together-moving-forward