European Journal of Teacher Education ( EJTE ) provides an opportunity for the dissemination of educational research which investigates theory, policy and practice in teacher education at pre-service and in-service levels predominantly in the countries of Europe. Relevant articles from other countries will be considered.
EJTE is the official journal of the Association for Teacher Education in Europe (ATEE). Its audience includes all those who have a professional concern with or interest in the education of teachers for all age groups.
We are seeking a highly motivated, established scholar with broad interests in teacher education to join our EJTE team as Co-Editor. The responsibilities of the Co-Editor will include working with the fellow Editor and Taylor & Francis to increase the visibility and reach of the journal in the scientific community. The appointee will assume the role of Co-Editor on appointment for a 3 year term.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent publication record in the field and experience with the editorial process. They will be enthusiastic, interested in issues related to academic publishing, and committed to lead the growth of EJTE and increase the journal visibility and impact while maintaining high editorial standards. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative EJTE team, to enhance career progression and lead with an innovative edge in steering EJTE to sustained success. The current renumeration for the post of EJTE Co-Editor is €9,000 per annum.
The Co-Editor will:
- Oversee the peer-review process for submitted research papers
- Assess submitted research papers for scope, originality, rigor, context, and implications
- Provide editorial recommendations, compile journal issues and write editorials
- Ensure that all material published is of a suitable professional and academic standard
- Manage the EJTE Editorial Board, organize meetings and support individual reviewers
- Collaborate with the fellow Co-Editor on the EJTE team, the EJTE Editorial Board and Taylor & Francis on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and peer-review
- Represent EJTE at national and international scientific conferences and research institutions
- Recruit high-quality content publishing in EJTE
- Collaborate with ATEE and the Publisher to promote the reputation and academic success of EJTE during the period of Editorship
- Provide reports on the editorial activities at ATEE’s Annual Conference
- Perform the editorial activities and assume their obligations to the best of their ability in the best interest of ATEE at all times
- Promote journal policies and manage projects that contribute toward EJTE’s strategic direction and vision.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- A passion for teacher education, a deep understanding of the field, and an eagerness to stay current with new trends and developments
- A significant record of research and publication in the discipline of teacher education
- International standing as a leading scholar and researcher
- A strong interest in scientific publishing and publication ethics, excellent critical thinking skills, and superb attention to detail
- Significant experience with the editorial process
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, and organizational skills
- ATEE membership
- Expertise regarding one or more activity(ies) developed by the Association and/or
one or more field(s) covered by the Association
- Evidence of ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- A commitment to the long-term development of the journal.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online at [email protected]
Informal enquiries can be made in confidence to Mariagrazia Tagliabue, Head of ATEE Office at [email protected] or current EJTE Editor, Anja Swennen at [email protected]
For further information on the EJTE, please see: https://www.tandfonline.com/journals/cete20
To apply, please attach your CV and a cover letter stating your interest in the position, proposed editorial goals and how you meet the selection criteria for the position.
Closing date: 12.00 noon CET 31 March 2023.
Please be advised that no late applications will be accepted.
ATEE, at its discretion, may undertake to make an additional appointment from this competition following the conclusion of the process.